2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two
33) Kansas City Chiefs Select Terrance Williams, Wide Receiver, Baylor. Reasoning: The Chiefs just grabbed them a new play caller, and not knowing if the overrated Dwayne Bowe is returning or not they will need to get their new signal caller a receiving option.
34) Jacksonville Jaguars Select Dallas Thomas, Offensive Tackle, Tennessee. Reasoning: Chad Henne seems to be clicking in the Jaguars offense which is good, they may not have to waste 2 picks in 3 years on a quarterback, now the next thing is to protect Henne so he doesn’t end up like Gabbert, injured, Britten has been awful this season being benched twice and is entering a contract year, they need to upgrade the left tackle position ASAP.
35) Philadelphia Eagles Select Matt Elam, Strong Safety, Florida. Reasoning: The Eagles safety play has been embarrassing since Dawkins left, its porous and needs to change quick if there is going to be a playoff run anytime soon.
36) Cincinnati Bengals Select Giovani Bernard, Running Back, North Carolina. Reasoning: BJGE hasn’t been as good as he has in his past seasons, he has never fumbled until this season and is now making a habit out of it, The Bengals need a new running back that is capable of holding on to the rock and Bernard can do that and also bring some explosiveness to that offense.
37) Carolina Panthers Select Jordan Poyer, Cornerback, Oregon State. Reasoning: Chris Gamble is an aging, injured veteran and Josh Norman is an unproven rookie, Poyer is a great corner and will help the Panthers is pass protection.
38) Cleveland Browns – No Pick Used in Supplementary Draft To Select WR Josh Gordon.
39) Tennessee Titans Select Oday Aboushi, Offensive Tackle, Virginia Reasoning: The Titans upgraded their pass rush, now they just need to learn to protect the Qb, Aboushi will be a draft riser after the combine and this could wind up being a steal for the Titans.
40) Arizona Cardinals Select Matt Barkley, Quarterback, USC. Reasoning: Kolb, Skelton, and Lindley have all looked pretty bad, the offensive line issue could be an excuse, but I really don’t think it is, they need a franchise Qb, and Barkley may be able to be this franchise’s super hero, they hope at least.
41) Buffalo Bills Select Tyler Wilson, Quarterback, Arkansas. Reasoning: The Buffalo Bills vastly over paid Ryan Fitzpatrick and prematurely if I do say so myself, they need a Quarterback that will quickly and accurately get the ball to his main option and that is Steve Johnson who I find so very underrated.
42) New York Jets Select Lane Johnson, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma. Reasoning: Okay, Mark Sanchez isn’t having the best of seasons but who would when they have a horrible offensive line? I’d hate for any Qb to have the punishment of having Austin Howard play tackle for them.
43) San Diego Chargers Select D.J. Fluker, Offensive Tackle, Alabama. Reasoning: One of the reasons the Chargers are so bad this year is because Phillip Rivers has no time what so ever to throw, Fluker is a big strong tackle that can help this problem moving forward.
44) St. Louis Rams Select Justin Hunter, Wide Receiver, Tennessee. Reasoning: Not only do the Rams get to improve their defense and passing protection, they get to improve their passing offense by giving Bradford a passing option to go along with Amendola.
45) Detroit Lions Select John Simon, Defensive End, Ohio State. Reasoning: Vanden Bosch is a free agent and with Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers in the division they will need a pass rush, Simon had a monster season and is a sack artist can step into Vanden Bosch position smoothly.
46) Dallas Cowboys Select Sharif Floyd, Defensive Tackle, Florida. Reasoning: Dallas’s middle has been pretty weak the last two years, they need someone to take over the aging Jay Ratliff; Sharif is a big body and can get to the running back and passer.
47) Miami Dolphins Select Zach Ertz, Tight End, Stanford. Reasoning: Miami will take all the passing options they can for Tannehill; Ertz has been great this year and will improve the passing offense along with Allen.
48) Washington Redskins Select Desmond Trufant, Cornerback, Washington. Reasoning: Redskin’s secondary has been one of the teams Achilles heel, Hall hasn’t played his best and you can see his is aging with his play, Trufant has been a ball hawk this season and this could translate into the big boy’s league.
49) Minnesota Vikings Select Robert Woods, Wide Receiver, USC. Reasoning: Ponder doesn’t have really any receiving options outside of Rudolph and Harvin, they need to add one if they want to compete in the NFC North.
50) Saints – No Pick (Bounty Scandal)
51) Pittsburgh Steelers Select Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide Receiver, Tennessee. Reasoning: Mike Wallace is a soon to be free agent and they will need to replace him quickly, Patterson is a great and trusty receiver that Roethlisberger will grow to trust.
52) Seattle Seahawks Select Jordan Reed, Tight End, Florida. Reasoning: As I said in round one for Seahawks they need passing options for Russell Wilson if they want to compete, Reed is very reliable for Jeff Driskel and will become a reliable target for Wilson.
53) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Nickell Robey, Cornerback, USC. Reasoning: Aqib Talib is gone, Eric Wright’s contract may be void for the 2013 season, Tampa as I said in round one need corners, they will need to double dip at this position especially in a Division with Ryan and Brees.
54) Cincinnati Bengals Select T.J. McDonald, Free Safety, USC. Reasoning: The Bengals safeties are not the greatest, they have Nate Clements playing out of position at strong safety and Nelson at free safety, McDonald can be a ball hawk at times and can definitely lay the lumber, he can play either strong or free whatever the Bengals prefer.
55) Miami Dolphins Select Kawann Short, Defensive Tackle, Purdue. Reasoning: Randy Starks will be a free agent and I don’t believe they will retain him, Short has shown flashes as a beast and can be a disruption, if he can get his consistency together he may end up as a big steal for the Dolphins.
56) Green Bay Packers Select Andre Ellington, Running Back, Clemson. Reasoning: The only thing stopping the Packers from a deep run is a fix on the offensive line and a running back, they covered the guard position now they just need to fix the running back situation, Cedric Benson experiment ended on an injury, and Green and Starks are showing no signs of production, Ellington has been great this year for Clemson and his play will continue in the NFL.
57) New York Giants Select Kevin Minter, Middle Linebacker, LSU. Reasoning: Giants will continue to upgrade their defense and upgrade the middle linebacker position where Blackburn has been pretty much worthless.
58) Denver Broncos Select Sylvester Williams, Defensive Tackle, North Carolina. Reasoning: Derek Wolfe has been primarily playing defensive end, so the Broncos have yet to improve their middle and Williams can plug up a huge hole and make the Broncos good defense even better.
59) Chicago Bears Select Logan Ryan, Cornerback, Rutgers. Reasoning: The Bear’s defense has been historic this year, but it may stop after this season is over because every single one of their corners are either free agents or enter their last year of their contracts and it seems the Bears do like tall corners and Logan Ryan checks in at 6’0.
60) New England Patriots Select Quinton Patton, Wide Receiver, Louisiana Tech. Reasoning: Wes Welker is going to be a free agent and it is yet to be known if he will be retained, they Pats will need another receiver that has the receiving skills Welker has and that could be Patton he catches everything thrown to him and doesn’t drop any balls, he will be Brady’s new Welker.
61) Baltimore Ravens Select Robert Lester, Strong Safety, Alabama. Reasoning: The Ravens need a replace for the declining Ed Reed, he is also going to be a free agent and I doubt the Ravens want to give a declining veteran a huge contract, Lester can be a ball hawk and can walk into this position smoothly.
62) San Francisco 49ers Select Chase Thomas, Outside Linebacker/Defensive End, Stanford. Reasoning: The 49ers have a great defense but they could use some depth and improvement, Thomas can play both OLB and DE and do them well, he will step in probably for nickel and dime situations as Aldon Smith did his rookie year and get multiple TKL and Sacks.
63) Atlanta Falcons Select Larry Warford, Offensive Guard, Kentucky. Reasoning: Tyson Clabo is struggling this season at the Right Guard Position and Warford had dominated all season long, Warford will open running lanes and give more passing time for Ryan.
64) Houston Texans Select Kyle Long, Offensive Tackle, Oregon. Reasoning: Texan’s right tackle position inhabited by Newton hasn’t been their strongest suit and Kyle Long son of Howie has been a draft riser and will fit into this offensive line immediately and makes an impact with his strength and smarts.